Saturday, July 5, 2008

Thoughts I have on the eve of the first year anniv of LA ROCA...


Note that in thinking about why some people choose to believe in God, and in His Son Jesus Christ, in the end, I think that some have a certain bent to believe in God and others do not. Some are pure hedonists, and don't give a thought to the future; why they are here. etc. They just do not care. They are convinced that this life is all there is, and they go on their merry way to eternity. Others have a spiritual bent, and are seekers.
The man you see me baptizing here a year ago, when we launched LA ROCA, is a perfect example of this. He (Carlos), had it all. Money, lots of women, a good job, and all the vices that come with that mix sans Jesus Christ. I led him to the Lord, and he now has TRUE JOY, and a peace that passes all human understanding. As an evangelist, and church planter, I look for people like this. I am but a beggar that knows where I found good bread and had my hunger saciated. I can show interested "beggars" where to get it too. If however they have no hunger, showing them the awesome bakery where the Bread of Life can be had, for free!!!!!!!!!!! will do them no good.
I wander about, with a prayer on my lips. "Lord make me an instrument of your peace"; (Francis de Assisi) an agent of reconcilliation. St Paul, (11 Cor. 5:17-21). Let me show others through my life that you exist, and change people. AMEN!!
This next Sunday I plan to baptize three new people that the HS, and I were able to convince that this is so! It is winter here and the swimming pool will be at about 45degrees farenheit. To the world, yes we are fools for Christ!! (11 Cor.5:13) Blessings on you, JTK

2 comments:

jgkunkel said...

That's great news on Carlos. Glad to hear he is still faithful.

Anonymous said...

So glad to learn about your church. Also appreciated your thoughts on hedonists and seekers!
Rettamoon