Monday, June 30, 2008

Dear prayer partners,

Thank you for all of you who prayed for my special day.

It was a “for girls only” party. Tim helped me doing the grocery shopping and preparing some food for the party and disappeared until the party was over. Steven went to Asuncion for the weekend. The house was just to us.

We started the Birthday Party Bible Study at 2:00pm with some finger foods and followed by the Bible and by 3:30pm some of the ladies had to go home earlier and did not eat the cake. (Too bad). These ladies in the picture are the ones I invited as prospects to be part of my new EBCI (Community Bible Study International) Bible study and 15 of them will be starting next Thursday. They are from different religions and countries. Four of them are Brazilian, one Lebanese, one Japanese, another one from Germany and the others are Paraguayan. God has put them in my life and I have been praying for them for a while.

A miracle happened, too: It was raining during the past three days and God held the rain between 1:00pm and 5:30pm. What a blessing!

Many people asked me "what did Tim give you on your birthday"?
He gave me a beautiful gift, the one I will treasure for ever, a Brazilian book about how to make bread from all over the world. There are recipes from the 195 member countries of the UN. It is called "PAO DA PAZ"


Thank you for praying for this event.
It made a difference!

Working together for His kingdom,
Iracema Kunkel

2 comments:

Julia said...

the pic is great! mom looks so nice and the cake is beautiful...I figured there would be more food, though :) love you and great job on the blog! you a becoming a "techie"

Heloisa Wade said...

Oi, Iracema, feliz aniversario!
Oi, Julia, como vai?